Saturday, September 09, 2006

Landmarks

A balloonist on a transcontinental balloon voyage suddenly finds his craft engulfed in fog, his compass gone awry. Afraid of landing in the ocean, he drifts for days. Suddenly the clouds part to reveal a large building -- and one of the windows is open! The flyer quickly shouts out: "Where am I?"

Startled, one of the workers inside yells back: "About half a mile in from the northeast edge of town."

The balloonist just shakes his head: "You must be in systems support."

"How did you know?"

"The information you just gave me was accurate, concise, and entirely irrelevant."

The worker smiles: "You must work in business management."

"I do," replies the balloonist, "but how do you know?"

"Well," replies the worker, "you don't know where you are or where you are going, but you expect me to be able to help. You are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now it is my fault."

via

No comments: